My garden is done. Sort of. The hard part, anyway. And I'm kind of let down about it. I'll tell you why.
I started turning over the ground in my garden area... don't actually want a vegetable garden, but it's just weeds and I thought I might do something else with it, like some kind of weird flower garden. With rocks and tree bark. Anything to get rid of the weeds. Nothing but weeds ever grew here anyways. So, when I started digging, I found this rock. Great, I thought, a summer project for me and The Boy. And I was actually intrigued by the idea of us, a woman entering (yeah, right!) middle age and a toddler/preschooler, getting this rock out by ourselves.
However, me and my big mouth: unfortunately, my enthusiasm spilled over to other people, who became just as intrigued as I and wanted to have some of the fun too. So I had some help. Now, my neighbour and in-laws are salt-of-the-earth type people, so they just wanted to give me a hand (and obviously thought I really needed it). And I'm a doormat. I really wanted to do it myself (with The Boy), but I let them.
So here it is now:

The rock is out. The hole is filled. The ground is tilled. And I'm left strangely disappointed that I didn't do it myself. (Not that I'm ungrateful. I'm very thankful for their assistance, and I'm very thankful that I know nice people who are willing to go out of their way to help someone out.)
While I'm waiting on the tree bark to cover the ground and get some plants in, I've picked up another project... something I've been wanting done for a couple of years but couldn't find anyone willing to do it:

A built-in shelf unit for my laundry room, so I can put the laundry detergent and bleach and stuff safely up out of The Boy's reach. I'm halfway there and hope to be done today!
This time, I'm not saying a word to anyone until it's done!
***********************
Now, get yourself over to Carrie's and see all the other Fabulous Fotos for Friday!
***********************
Late Friday morning (11:59 am):

Done!!! Just as I imagined it... except for the crappy work(wo)manship!
.

The best laid plans of mice and men (or however it goes). David can't stand assistance. Man, if a neighbor offers to do something his response is: I was just about ready to call it a day. And then he heads out at the crack of dawn to take another stab at doing it alone.
ReplyDeleteLet us now when you are ready to come out of the (Laundry) Closet!
Happy Fx4
Carrie
;)
I totally understand wanting to do it yourself, I'm like that too. Hopefully you got your DIY fix building the laundry closet - nice job!
ReplyDeleteRock on, 'Mummy! That's an impressive shelf. And that rock is HUGE! The garden looks ready to grow some stuff. Want to come over and till mine now? Thanks.
ReplyDelete