The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Around The Garden In Which Photographers Grow

I'm playing along with Candid Carrie with her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. Click on the button below to join the fun.



*************************************************

So this is what we were taking pictures of this week (the photos I took of Evan from Wordless Wednesday). It all started with Evan finding a mushroom, and then the situation, well, mushroomed into a photographing extravaganza.


He insisted on getting in on the action. I think he's a bit like me--he'd rather be behind the camera than the subject. But, unfortunately for him, he's so darn cute and adorable that he's just gonna have to suck it up and model. His life is rough. Don't you feel for him?


In front of our house, with a great view of the neighbour haying.




A view of the church next door, hazily seen through a nice patch of cutgrass. Although it isn't pictured here, it's important to note that this church, like each and every one in this area, comes complete with a cemetery.


Nothing says "welcome home" like a bunch of tombstones beside the house.

.

4 comments:

  1. He is very cute. He will have to get use to the modeling. Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

    You've taken some great shots! I wish I knew more about photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww super cute pics of your son, and also love the other pictures and the cemetery by your house, nice, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do such amazing pictures. And with the cemetery so close you won't have far to go when you pass on (years and years and years from now of course).
    Cheers,
    Carrie Anne

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh