Amid all the bad news that has saturated life lately, it's been so important to find the good stuff. Some days it's hard to find. Some days it takes a lot of looking. And some days you just have to go out and make it for yourself... and others too.
Has your life been touched by cancer? Family? Friends? Even yourself? It's a terrible terrible thing to go through.... such a trite statement; it doesn't convey the half of the depth of uncertainty, terror, anger, grief and helplessness experienced. I know; I've been there -- my dad died from cancer when I was 14.
Now imagine a child's life has been interrupted by cancer... a toddler attacked by this life-threatening evil. It's mind-bending. It's horrifying. It's unimaginable. But there is such a child....
Have you heard of Hats Off For Andrew yet? Stacia over at Fluffy Bunnies started this project with the States, but then Canada got involved. If you haven't done so, click and find out more about Andrew. If you are interested in this project, be sure to check out some important information.
I've been following his mom's blog since it started (she's an old friend) and I love seeing his sweet little face under all those ball caps he's been receiving. It's a little thing to brighten his day and show your support and concern. His family has been strong and courageous and beautiful throughout. But they need ongoing support and care and comfort. They need to know they can get through this dreadful year of agonizing treatments. They need to smile and laugh and know they're not alone in this.
So far, 44 states have been signed up! Along with 5 provinces! That's a lot. And apparently there's been a few international ball caps thrown in for good measure too. Here's what's left, as of today:
United States - Delaware, Louisiana, Nebraska, Rhode Island, Utah & Wyoming.
Canada - New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut & the Yukon.
Join us in this effort to cheer them up, and help them complete their collection of ball caps -- symbolizing support and hope from all over North America. There's only a few opportunities left... grab it while you can.
Don't forget... they need your prayers / positive thoughts / lighted candles / super mojo... whatever you can send their way.

I'm waiting for my turn to send a cap in November! When I first signed up, November seemed so far away, but it's not too far around the corner. I wish I could help with some of the missing states, but they just aren't nearby.
ReplyDeleteThanks Koreen :). LOVE the new blog title! gorgeous!
ReplyDelete