The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update on Daisuke - March 17, 2011


*If you haven't already, read Daisuke's story HERE.


Continuing updates from Dai:

Today's radiation weather update, 14.70 micro-something. Grandma asked me why Fukushima-city, where we are, have highest figure? Yeah, that is strange. For example, Iwaki-city, where I was until 15th, only had 1.64 micro-something. Well, I just can't run away from it. LOL.

March 16 7:21pm


Right now, brave power plant staff, firefighters, riotpolice force, Japanese troop army, navy, air-force are trying to cool down all 4 cores at once. Pray for them, please.

March 16 9:09pm


US has been watching the sky over the nuclear power plant, with their special remote controlled plan. Way to go US! Thank you for watching over us.
And Japanese troop has organized the special force to put out the heat over the nuclear power plant.

March 16 10:31pm


Cooperate with radiation daily. Count hourly update on radiation level. Apply it with the radiation chart. 23.88 micro-something/h, about 478 times the normal figure. Well, no sweat cause 600.00 micro-something/h is equivalent to take X-ray picture once. 200.00 micro-something/h for flight from Tokyo to NY. You can breath normally. Oh, don't forget the tap water contain some radio active materials that I can't spell.

March 17 2:28am


Tomorrow, full moon, tidal wave, deadly for tunami sights with sunken ground by earthquakes. Why?

March 17 6:32am


Day 7, 14 micro-something. Only NEWS on TV. Got out. Sunny sky with partly cloud. Took dog for a walk no spacesuit. Warm sunlight. Birds sing. Cold wind blows NW to SE. Mountains with snow on my left. City of Fukushima on my right. The sound of music? Nope! Daisuke, just breath normally, take a deep breath. It's ok. It's the day of the rest, just for me.

March 17 2:25pm


What've we learned from this. A) without gas the nation can't withstand even a day. B) We have been consumming astronomically way too much energy. C) the nuclear power plants are not suitable for Japanese climate and environment due to Superearthquakes and Tsunami. Wait! A and B that I regret. C, no way! Not in a million years! We will create SAFER, BETTER, STRONGER, MORE EFFICIENT, and smaller nuclear power plants!

March 17 6:24pm


I just hard the report. Canada is going to send Japan 25000 blankets! Way to go! Thanks Canada! Thank each one of you. ONE BLANKET CAN SAVE 2 LIVES IF SHARED!
March 17 8:17pm


List of things that always run out in disaster movies; No.1 water not sodapops No.2 gas the classic! No.3 garbage bags think hard why No.4 canned food No.5 battery No.6 Bread, who wants to bake tomorrow? And milk, diapers, baby food and don't forget Twinkees!

March 17 10:32pm

********************************************


Don't forget, The Canadian Red Cross is one of the best places to donate for the relief efforts.


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these Koreen, especially for those of us who don't know anyone over there. It's just impossible to imagine what it's like... this glimpse really brings it home. Just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope many nations learn from this--we seem to be in the habit of repeating our bad habits, though--both in energy consumption and in emergency preparedness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us updated. Daisuke and everyone in Japan has been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartbreaking and thanks for keeping us updated. This really gives the tragedy and struggle a face and name. It really puts your own life in perspective and to be very thankful for those near and dear are safe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the update! amazing that a blanket can save lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for Japan. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daisuke's story has touched me beyond belief. I hope relief and a sense of 'normality' is near for him and everyone in Japan. It will be a long time coming, I know, but I can still hope.

    Thank you for posting this, Koreen. I've been reading your updates but have been unable to find the right words to leave a comment. I've been struggling writing anything meaningful at my blog, as well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for keeping us updated, Koreen!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh