It's not hard.
Apparently most children that my son knows were born this time of year. I'm not saying it's a party every weekend, but... it sure seems like it. We were at a party last weekend and there's another party this coming Friday.
Not to mention my son's big #6 in a couple of weeks. But it's not as though it's a big deal – I mean, we've only been planning it since Christmas.
So far, we've hit on NOT having a theme party. That's so 5 years old. And besides, we couldn't find Beyblades invitations anywhere except online and too late to order them.
No, he's got so many interests that we can't narrow it down to just one. Or two. So it's a boy's (with girls invited) Beyblades-Star Wars-Ninjago-Lego party at the karate dojo with Ninja games. In other words, all out crazy.
I'm especially excited for what will be in the goodie bag. Because I'm an almost-no-sugar-freak that doesn't believe in giving kids candy every time I turn around, we came up with something else that I'm sure the kids will like.
Let's just say I get a little crazy at the Lego store.
You know, in the back with the bins that you can shovel up and cart home a bucket or two. (Or three or four.)
But that was only because I can't count, and had to go back a couple of times to get all the pieces we needed to make these little things for the treat bags.
And the horse was just a very awesome score. (Yes, I cleaned them out. No, I feel no shame.)



Six years old! The party sounds awesome. (I hope you take some pictures)
ReplyDeleteNo shame at ALL when it comes to Legos. Your boy and my tribe would get along grand from the sounds of it--that's all the things they love, too.
ReplyDeleteLove the cars. The kids will love them!
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome!!! I've never been to a real lego store....must go the next time we're in Calgary!
ReplyDeleteMy boys would love to receive those cars instead of candy! Great choice!
ReplyDeleteThink this is a wonderful idea - good on you! Most of the party bags my kids receive end up in the recycling. These legos - the kids will have forever. Green and great!
ReplyDelete