The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

June passed in a blur, and now we're almost halfway through July.  I've noticed the older I get the faster time goes by.  If I blink now it'll be Christmas tomorrow.

Before I knew it, the school year was over.

Evan_1074


In a blur of activity (and a school-wide water fight), he finished grade 1.  With a little less activity, but no less excitement, I finished another year of counseling elementary students.

Then we did a little of this...

Evan skate_1214


... and a little bit more of this...

Evan skate_1219


... and then some of this.

_MG_1332


Actually, quite a lot of this.

_MG_1333


Because?  Look at this:

_MG_1357


Oh yes, we're already eating this.  That's something because this is the cold white north.  We've been eating lettuce for a while now, and we've got more on the go.  I've tripled my vegetable planting area this year, and it's keeping me busy.  I also have plans for more next year.  Some people might say I'm outta control.

_MG_1344


But I don't think so.  At least, I'm not the only one loving the garden.

Ayanna_1340





4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks lovely! Our summer has been flying by, too. I wish I could slow down the good days, and speed up the gross ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, everything is growing so fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden is so perfect. Just looking at your pictures of it is calming for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful garden and yes time does seem to go by very fast for me as well, I try not to think of it as going faster the older I get.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh