Holey Crimoley! I did it again! I am abnormally accident-prone. We don't have a full set of dishes, glasses, even cutlery. Yes, I can break silverware. I'm always covered in bruises and scrapes, and usually can't remember how they got there. Not because I have amnesia, but because bumping and falling is such a common event, that no one "boo-boo" stands out in my memory as to how it occurred. And now I stepped on my husband's portable DVD player.
You see, my husband, The Man, is approximately 5,000 kilometres away at the oilsands in Alberta. He is working out there because there is no factual work to be had here in the Maritimes. I should say, in the Boondocks, Maritimes. There is always work advertised, and you HEAR about work, but none to be had. That's another story entirely.
So, he's out there making money for us, and now I broke his portable DVD player. "Not a big deal," you say. No, it's not. Except for the fact that I already broke mine by dropping it, and we are working on our 4th dvd player. It's adding up. I'm scared to touch this computer right now, because I might damage it in some way. (I'm using The Man's computer; mine is safely stored away.) I must be cursed. I don't know if I should tell him. Maybe I'll take it apart and "fix" it. What do you think?
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Somehow, I don't think he's gonna like this!!!
ReplyDeletePS no idea why I can't comment under my own name anymore. But it's me. AverageMom.