I was invited to read AverageMom, and I was blown away. I've felt very much on my own, and it's been more than a treat to read others' experiences that have made me feel like I'm in good company: moms doing the best they can and doing a damn good job at the end of the day. AverageMom, you've inspired me to also share some of my own experiences that I hope will let other moms out there know: you're not alone. This has been done before. You'll get through it.
By the way, I've never "blogged" before. I'm pretty much a philistine when it comes to computers, but here goes.
I'm being a mummy for the first time, without a role model or mentor to follow. I know I'm not the only one out there trying their damnedest NOT to be the mother they had, and feeling like a failure at times. So, here I am, being a Mummy without quite knowing how or what to expect, and learning from whomever I can, mostly my son.
This is me: I'm a 30-something mom of a beautiful little boy who is fast-approaching 2 and 1/2. That half is important. He's grown so much since his birthday. He's also a challenge because, I swear, every now and then he "channels demons". Other days he's so precocious and cute and adorable and lovable that I (almost) forget that he's 2. Terrible terrible 2 going on 15. Just yesterday I was trying to get him ready to go outside: beautiful hot weather, perfect for doing something fun like play in the kiddie pool or sandbox, and he refused to get ready. Not only did he refuse, he ran into his bedroom shouting "I not hear you Mum!" I thought that was years away yet.
About me: I'm a stay-at-home mom in an environment that is completely unsuited to my particular preferences and needs. I spend most days with my son, and a couple days each week, and more importantly one night each week, my son spends with his Nannie and Grandpa. How did I get so lucky? I honestly don't know. But for now, I'm very happy that I get a lot of time to clean and relax. That makes the time with my son more precious, and I know I appreciate him more for being allowed to miss him and anticipate seeing him again.
I don't know if anyone will read this, but if you do, is there anything in particular you want to know? Ask questions and I'll do my best to answer. Hopefully, I'll find mom stuff to talk about, and I appreciate any comments and stories from my readers. Thanks for tuning in.
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Awwwww!!! I'm touched, and so glad to welcome you to the very addictive world of blogging!
ReplyDeleteI am not at all surprised that you are an excellent writer. Keep it up, I'll check back lots!
Hello! averagemom linked me to your blog. It's good so far!
ReplyDeletegood luck with it!