The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Welcome, Little One

One of my best friends just had a baby! Sometime between last night and this morning. I don't know. I just found the email announcement with an attached picture (yay!) in my inbox this morning and what a surprise! She's not due for another month. I know she's been in labor for some time now, but first babies are always late, right? And yes, her first baby. Yay! She now gets the joys of soft newborn fingers, and that best smell in the world, newborn baby smell, and later, chubby little thighs and soft tummy and.... ahhhh. No I don't want another. Really. I've had my share. I'm very excited that The Boy can run around on his own and feed himself (mostly) and help with with the laundry (ok, not so excited about having to refold everything). I just can't wait to see the little guy and have my "share" of him. And then get to give him back! Yay! P and S, I wish you guys all the best with your new precious bundle, lots of love and midnight feedings and diaper changes. And little S, hi there. Welcome welcome welcome! Your auntie will come see you soon! Take care guys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh