The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Food

I have a confession to make: I'm not a big food fan. I eat because I have to. And I don't like to cook. As you can imagine, this does not make for a good food relationship with my son. I like simple foods that are easy to make and that he won't fuss over. I have absolutely no patience for fussing. And yes, he fusses, but probably no more than any other toddler. He's not focused on food either, although he loves to snack on finger foods, and will try to do this all day while he's playing. (I'm trying to break him of this, but some days it's just so much easier to let it go.)

That said, does anybody have any good recipes or menu ideas for toddlers? Something that even I can make? Something that even my son will eat? Please please help with some ideas. Thanks everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Here are some things I use on my picky little cousins:

    -Yogurt with granola
    -English muffins with pizza sauce and cheese melted on top
    -Mandarin oranges (like candy, only...healthy?)
    -Carrot sticks with ranch dressing
    -String cheese

    You've probably already tried all of these in two years, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh