The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm Glad This Week Is Almost Over

I'm a bit twitchy about going outside now, even though Apma came over and sprayed the life out of those yellowjackets and buried the entrance to their nest. I hope it works. Knock on wood for me. (It really really works. Try it.)

However. I made myself go outside yesterday and got some long-awaited weeding done in my herb garden, so it was like aromatherapy at a retreat. A retreat you can bring your over-tired preschooler to so he can chase toads, grasshoppers and caterpillars, and you can say "don't do that" and "do that" until it feels like your mouth can just fall off. It was nice and relaxing like that.

Oh yeah. And the hurricane brought the cold in, so now it feels like fall. And I got to struggle with setting fire to damp wood in our (((cough!))) wood stove in the basement to take the chill out of the floors. Good times!

But I'm not totally out of cheer this week. While I didn't get pics of the paramedics, ambulance or hospital, I can share some other favorites from the last few weeks. Enjoy!

Since my Casablanca Lilies and Hibiscus didn't try to kill me this week, I don't have the hate on for them. Aren't they pretty? The picture of the lilies was taken during the eye of the hurricane.




Can I just say again how glad I am that he did NOT get stung?!


Isn't this the most adorable thing ever? See his special stirrups? He loves horseback riding!



8 comments:

  1. Wow those are beautiful photos!
    and your son is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh he is so handsome!! nice photos, I should make an effort to put more up, huh? I am lazy blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Just wait til I post my apple pie recipe and it will turn you into a true apple pie foodie!

    Sorry about your wasp bites. My husband had a similiar experience and was stung about 12 times before he outran them. Their nest was in the ground and he mowed over it. I hope you feel better today. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pictures, WM!

    I live in fear of the almighty sting (and that someone around me might get stung and I won't be prepared to save their life and the scene ends horribly!)

    Anyway, thanks for playing again (and again).

    Happy Fx4,

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the horse pic. very cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bees must be bad this year everywhere. My husband is a landscaper and has gotten stung several times this year. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. Glad you are feeling better. Also my son ate a bee this weekend. I'll post about it soon. He's ok.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh