The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Autumn Captured

With four maple trees (my favorite, and not just because of the yummy yummy syrup.... mmmmmm), five oak trees, one ash tree, and five huge overgrown pine trees, we get a lot of leaves and needles strewn about. Autumn has been carelessly haphazardly flinging the leaves here and there. It's a big job to rake. I've actually gone and done what I said I'd do with the leaves.... some of them, anyway. Apparently oak leaves don't make good compost because they take so long to break down. So I've had to settle for maple and ash, and keep the needles away too, because they can make the soil too acidic for some plants.



The leaves which I didn't compost now become a game for my son.
A Burning Game. It's his favorite thing about fall.
We don't do it often. But we do it.



Leaf Burning Time!



My little fire marshal.

******************************

To see more photos celebrating autumn, click this button:

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Great fall color! Love your little fire marshal - the photo has great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than the smell that comes from anything (except houses.......) on fall days! Beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! :) I love the one with the fire marshal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fire marshall... we all need one of those. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would love watching the fire too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, that's fun! I love the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, and I had no idea about the oak leaves not being great for composting. (Good to know, since this is our first year in our house with several oak trees!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that one with your boy fanning the flames/smoke/fire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a bonfire and a little boy! And the smell of burning leaves...fall indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love them! I am LOVING autumn color right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it the last shot...
    VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL
    CONGRATS
    http://graceolsson.se/mittliv/2009/10/30/life-with-passion-at-flowers-from-today/

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh