The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Week In A Nutshell


What a hellish stressful week I had. I do NOT want to do it again... but I know I'll have to start all over and jump through the same hoops with the next offer on our house.

Having said that, I did play around with my camera a bit more and even tried reading the manual: a real first for me. I'm usually of the philosophy: If at first you don't succeed, read the directions. Not that I'm not succeeding. But now I'm asking fundamentally more important questions, like "How do I adjust shutter speed?" "Where's the function for programming RAW images?" and "What the hell is ISO???" So you see, I'm actually learning a bit.

Here's my week in a nutshell: nature and playdates. (And the stressful house-hunting, but that's not the norm and was a fairly traumatic experience, so I won't talk about that here.) In my world, there's always time for play-dates. Someone else to entertain and amuse Evan = less work for me = more time for me to play with my new toy. Everybody wins. Don't you love my reasoning?

Play at your own risk
Play at your own risk


We're ba-ack!
Whazzup?


I see myself in these eyes
Hypnotic


********************************

More wonderful photos await at Weekly Winners, hosted by the ever-talented Lotus.

Weekly Winners Information

13 comments:

  1. I rarely take my camera off of the automatic mode... I'm so afraid of screwing up the settings, even though I know that's a crappy reason.
    That last picture of Evan is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That boy has the bluest eyes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to play around with the settings on my camera. If I mess up, there is always the reset option. Have fun!

    Awesome photos... especially the that last shot of Evan - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathe deep and enjoy destressing!
    I love the picture of the deer and your baby's blue eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last photo is stunning! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. That shot of Evan is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found some time to play with the camera! I never read the instructions either. When I'm desperate, I ask my husband to read them and tell me what he found out. He actually likes instructions!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playdates are the best. How do you not scream at those deer to leave your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last shot is so beautiful! Amazing eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! And those big blue eyes? Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, Danifred, theycallmejane, & Momma@Live.Laugh.Pull your hair out: Thanks!!! =)

    Stacia: I do the same. And then I feel like a doofus because he learns how to use my "toys" better than me. And I don't like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh