The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A View Of My Week

As busy as I am, I'm still trying to find those moments that speak to me. Unfortunately it's not as easy as you think. Usually, it's the moment that grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me and screams in my face "wake up and smell the photo op!". It's hard to ignore that.

Four!


And then I thought a collage might be cool, you know, something from the Picnik package I was lucky enough to win (thanks Beth). Yes, I am using it. Not often as I'd like, but I am.

His week in a collage


I'm also trying to do less editing -- more SOOC photos. Which, if you're on the right settings, watch your aperture and shutter speed, and have ANY awareness whatsoever around you, is not that hard. Not that I'm any good at it right now 'cause did you read what I just wrote? I don't have time to be aware! Seriously people... you know me... aware of my surroundings? Ha! (It's true. I trip over my own feet and walk into doorways, and that's when I'm actually paying attention.) Give me a month or two (or ten).

Here's a view of my week with some editing:

Par-tay!


And here's a view of my week without any editing:

Glaring reality

As you can see, the editing is also metaphorical. I'd like to edit chores right out of my life, but as that's not possible, I better go "git 'her done".


**************************************

Now go check out everyone else's week over at Lotus' place.

Weekly Winners Information

17 comments:

  1. That first shot is adorable, such big, beautiful eyes.

    I really like the collage too. You can't help but smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm I love Picnik! I've been using that for about a year now and LOVE IT!

    Love your photos - always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing eyes.

    (And I trip over bare floors, so I sympathize!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How happy I am that my weeks don't look anymore like yours, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last one and the photo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. Your pictures are amazing! I love it. And I also love that you say "git 'er done." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the collage pics, especially of him laughing. I can feel the happiness in that shot.

    And oh how I could live my life edited some times....would make it so much easier to do more fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't it be cool to have a Picnik or Lightroom for life?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL wish I could edit chores out of my life too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heart picnik. Great photos. I wish I could edit out the chores too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, at least your photo makes dishes like like fun! =>

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the one of the kids in the living room. And - ooh. You have the twirly red Ikea chair. We need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what big beautiful blue eyes! Awww...

    And I have to admit. Love the shot of the dirty dishes. So real life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think when we blog, we often edit the "dirty dishes" out of our lives and just show the good stuff.
    I love the movement in the picture of all the kids playing. They look like they are having an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you can make dirty dishes look interesting, you've got a great thing going! I think the unexpected make the best photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your unedited picture of dirty dishes looks very familiar *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos are so sharp and colorful. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh