The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mooning


One of the things I've wanted to do since I got my new camera (a sort of benchmark of ability, if you will) is to capture the moon. With the camera. Not literally.

Last night surprised me with the first night of the full moon (it wouldn't surprise me if I was just more aware or paid attention or something). How could I resist the challenge?

Even more surprisingly, I have something worth showing. (Pssst: these are SOOC, except for cropping, which negates the SOOC thing, doesn't it. Never mind.)

I love how the mist held the light. But, it was too bright. (Yes, I'm complaining. Deal with it.)

Misty


Then, I increased the f-stop to slow down the light... just playing around, not a clue what I was doing. Funny enough, the moon was so bright that it was obscuring it's own features. Silly moon! It really wasn't this dark, but I'm trying to show it's best side. A girls gotta do... etc etc.

First shot


Time for your close-up, moon!

Get ready for your close-up, man on the moon


If you look really closely you can see Neil Armstrong's footprints. Okay, not really. But someday I might capture that. (Um, yeah, right. I think it's time to ease up on the medication, no?)




************************************

Beth is featuring SKY today at I Should Be Folding Laundry.

Photobucket


************************************

And, because I'm too lazy and I didn't get any more photos this week due to the damn snow (yes, you read that right), I'm recycling this post for Weekly Winners (because I care about the environment, too, you know).

weeklywinnersapril2010

37 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like your sky shots too. Thank you so much for liking my fluffy clouds - just by chance took them today and then read from another blogger about the Capture You site so it must have been destiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work! That last shot is beautifully classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this cracked me up. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos. the close up from the moon, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm humming "That's Amore" now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the moon. Gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! The first one has such pretty colors and I love the mist around the moon. The last one is stunning in it's clarity. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's how the moon looked in our area too. I wonder if we live close together. Anyway, I thought to capture it and just couldn't get the shot. You sure did though. I'm blown away at how beautifully you captured it three times in three different ways. All very wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome!!! Now I want to go out and get some moon shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful captures this week! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Those are great shots! Love the close up of the moon... I think I can see some of those footprints :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! You really captured that moon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!!! I need to try that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Yeah! What spectacular moon shots!

    Frame the last one and hang it on your wall.

    Immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those are amazing ... like NASA postcards! =>

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Absoulutely amazing shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these pics! You inspire me to take out my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do believe I CAN see Neil Armstrong's footprints. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWSERS!!!!!!!! Tell me in idiot terms how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Capturing the moon isn't easy. I am impressed with those beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful set! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome moon shots! I did one too this week for Weekly Winners... must be something about a full moon and photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic!!! I was the same way when I first got my camera. Now that I figured out how to do it, I can't *stop* taking pictures of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have the exact same goal!! Some day... some day I will be as cool as this.

    These are wonderful! Congrats on capturing the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did a great job with the moon. You had snow??? Crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That last one is amazing...I need to learn how to do that with the shutter speed. I should probably read the books that Husband got me with my camera!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh