The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Highlights


I'm still sleepy this morning... something about getting maybe more sleep than normal leaves me... sleepy. Go figure. So I'm slow with the words today. Especially since the little guy keeps saying "look mummy look at me racing look how fast I can go see? see? see?" as he's playing his daddy's ipod. My brain is about to explode.

So here are a few highlights from my week. Enjoy.


Here I come!



Personally, I think the gulls liked this game as much as he did, because they kept settling back down on the ground right away as if to say "do it again!". Seriously.


picnikfile_aUzMQa


I like this picture because, although it's completely blown out (I forgot to change my exposure when I went out into the sun), the corrected version here is just so ... artistic. At least, that's what I tell myself to make myself feel better about such a dumb mistake. And it's a happy mistake because I really like it. (Even though it renders my brother's face into three squinchy slits for eyes and mouth.)


***************************


weeklywinnersapril2010

8 comments:

  1. i love the gull chasing! and you're right-totally artistic :)the best pictures come out of mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blown out picture is groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that gull photo is so cool! And, I agree about the blown out photo. I love the orange streak in her hair - it's what my eye was immediately drawn to. That, and her eyes. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures with the gulls is just awesome! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Like the artistic quality of the last picture also. And I love the first one. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first shot made me gasp... thats amazing and beautiful! What a great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the long-haired girl. Very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first gulls photo is terrific! Love how your son is running at them...looks like something my son would do!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh