bright bits of light floating down
to rest on my shoulders
his hair
his eyes alight
mischief condensed
into a shining boy
smoke drifting across my view
burned sugar in my hand
fingers teasing the sticky strands
delicious
give me more
more...
pushing higher
pursuing the dream
to the "tippy top"
until the golden hour
is upon us
and we rest in the soft light
of summer





Beautiful photos and the words that go with them have completely brought them to life. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteThis post is AMAZING!!! I love the photos and the poetry to go with :D Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely lovely.
ReplyDeleteHappy summer times, lovely shots.
ReplyDeleteI'm in love with your label "I'd like to complain but I really really can't".
ReplyDeleteBeyond that, awesome post. I like your 5th photo best, the sweeping view (with everything stacked vertically) that puts your boy & his Daddy in perspective. What a beautiful place to play!
Thanks for coming to see me Arnie!!! Look forward to you coming back, and I have just posted the first of the Edinburgh Festival posts.
ReplyDeleteQuite the perfect Summer post. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a gorgeous place. Were you camping? or were those lots of different places? beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful summer! I especially like the 5th pic.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! The 5th picture is just breathtaking. I love how you put them all together with the poetry.
ReplyDeleteOh this looks just wonderful! It's very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Oh wow. Your summer pictures are so beautiful! I am glad you are having such a magically wonderful time! : )
ReplyDelete