The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Meant To Be


Sometimes things just happen. You don't mean for them to happen, but they do.

Sometimes they don't turn out like you expect... or even hope.

Sometimes you call them mistakes.

But maybe... maybe there's something good in them.

* * * * * * * *

This is what I meant to do:

The capture


I didn't mean for this to happen:

Blown-out


It was a *little* bit blown out. I've been playing around with certain settings on my camera, and I left it a couple steps up on the exposure... from a previous shot that really really needed it.

But with new eyes, I saw this:

Flicka

I kind of like it.

A happy accident.

Meant to be.



**************************


Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements 6.


21 comments:

  1. It's got a bit of an apocolyptic feel to it...

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month of "imperfection" at Shutter Sisters really helped me embrace this kind of thing too.

    Hooray for RAW!!! You salvaged it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have lots of 'favourite mistakes' too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a talent. I love these, and your process too.
    Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photography seems like the kind of thing that is filled with happy accidents! Unlike knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your edit. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Honey does not understand why I have three copies of what she preceives to be the SAME shot!!! But really? Your post PERFECTLY describes why my external harddrive is full!!!! Love your shots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it too! It has a Dreamy Effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 'mistake' is very nice! I wish my mistakes would turn out like that! LOL I'm a new follower from Before/After!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How on earth did you save that picture? GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has the right amount of contrast. Accidental image fixes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this. I have an inmage like this and am playing around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like both! :) they both have a nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when the wrong way ends up being the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome!! Sometimes the shots we're so ready to throw away turn out to be great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool "mistake." I've taken a few of those myself. It's always a nice surprise :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh