The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Love And Romance... Bah Humbug!


I am to Valentines Day (or VD, as I like to call it) as the Grinch is to Christmas. Before his heart grew three sizes that day.


Romance.

I just don't get it.

Romance


It is a language I don't speak. It's not that I don't want to -- it's just that... okay, well, it's true: I just really don't care to.

I don't understand the nuances; I misread the signs; and frankly, I find it all a tad embarrassing.

The bouquet


Okay, so now you all know my dirty little secret.


When I think of love, I think of this:




Is anyone else sensing a theme here?



************************************




15 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures Koreen. He does look quite loveable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word is he beautiful! Yes that is one wonderful theme of love!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That works for me though and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be honest. For me, Valentine's Day is all about the candy. And the half-off flowers on the 15th. I'm nothing if not practical. =>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you sure get the romance PHOTO part!! :) Can't wait to see that Eiffel Tower edited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! The romance part is totally overrated (don't tell my husband I just said that) - its the love that is important. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. [grin] Romance ... ditto. Love your LOVE shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I so love your idea of love!! It's a much better investment!

    Your kiddo's way too cute -- love the smile and the happiness shining so brightly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your idea of love is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! What wonderful photos. I love your take on the theme this week and I think you've just inspired me ... off to my camera to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your photos! He is definitely worth photographing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Eiffel Tower shot...the last one of Evan is my favourite.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all great! Hard not to think of your kiddos when you think of love.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh