The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Breathe


It's that moment.

Days can be busy, hectic, frustrating. Honestly, they are. I'm sure most parents can attest to that.

But we also have our moments. The moment everything falls into place.... Time slows down. We take a breath.

And then we exhale.

Here it is.

E_0565


The moments are flying by. Wasn't I preparing for Christmas just yesterday? When did winter even start? I can't believe my boy has been in Kindergarten for almost 5 whole months!

Yesterday, it all came crashing down.

He told me about a dream he had... that his tooth was loose and came out. While he was speaking, I noticed something funny about his mouth. I asked him to open his mouth and took a look.

I reached in and wiggled it. It moved.

His first loose tooth.

Just sitting there innocently, moving every so slightly in and out.

Time stopped for ever such a short while.

While he might be pleased about it, I'm not that thrilled. It means he's growing up. And I'm not ready for it.

E_0566


He's kind, funny, excited about... well, everything. He's outgoing and emotional. He's happy. He makes friends like nobody's business. He's a boy on the go with things to do.

And now it's hit home... again... how quickly he's growing up.

Seize the day. Yeah, right. It's all I can do to hold on to these moments, even for another moment.

All I can do today is just... breathe.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, those tooth-losing years are the most fun ones in my experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how fast they grow up. I love my kids as they are now, but occasionally, I miss my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so cute and handsome! PS. Thanks for linking to my blog. Appreciate it xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that he's such a happy little guy - that is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. A loose tooth. What a milestone! My daughter said her tooth hurt the other day, and that was my first thought: "No, it can't be a loose tooth! I'm not ready!"

    Hang in there and breathe. I will, too. =>

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post reminds me that I've been following you a while. I remember his longer hair, toothless grins. Sigh. Yes. Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you capture the ordinary everyday moments. That first tooth is a doozy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bear was talking to me about teeth just this week and only the THOUGHT of his first loose tooth made my stomach queasy! time time time- you're right- slow down and breathe it in. I will heed these words of yours.

    ps- thanks for those other words to me- the kind, supportive kind :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh