The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Promise Of Newness


More practice with the soocs are in order. Especially since I've re-discovered manual and am taking more care with setting up my shots and actually (for once) paying attention to what I'm doing. Hey, miracles CAN happen.

One of my favorite things in the world to photograph is a sunrise. I've done it a lot here. Today is no exception.

sooc



The early morning light of dawn at this time of year leads to warmth and the promise of spring. And the promise of spring means the promise of new life.

sooc



sooc



sooc







16 comments:

  1. Love the sunrise! These are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't God the best artist? just love that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful sunrise shot! love the silhouette of the building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful shots! I love the sunrise -- such a great way to start the day! And the new growth -- I can almost smell the dirt and sunshine! Great soocs -- and yay you for learning and paying attention!!! It's rather fun, ain't it!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunrise shot! The first plant shot confused me...I thought, "Man, that ice cream isn't looking very healthy..."

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunrise is stunning. They always seem to be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful sunrise shot . . . I'm only just starting to experiment with more of the manual features on my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love coming to you blog to see different ways to shoot landscapes and this one is beautiful and so interesting in the skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just saw my first crocus here yesterday and I nearly cried form the excitement! Here's to new shoots and perfect pictures of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 9 inches here...so demoralized...the robins look PISSED OFF.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful - and I love the shots of promising plant life. Hope in spring, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See? You don't have to photoshop to get great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sunrise!!!! And YAY for spring starting to show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I miss you so I stopped by, but somehow I missed this post entirely. I guess I can blame my lack of attention on the fact that when this was posted I was very busy holding a very cute niece. That's a good excuse, right? ;)
    Hope all is well. (Yes, I realize I could have emailed you, but I didn't... I commented, and it's open for the world to know just how much I missed you!)
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh