I've always been one of those people... yes, those people... who look down on cell phone cameras. (I'm not directing this to iphones because there are a lot more cell phones out there with image taking capabilities than just iphones.) First of all, I was never going to get another cell phone, mostly due to my disappointment with mobile plans here in Canada, after having an awesome plan in the U.S. and comparing the two. Secondly, I have a real camera. Why would I want to use something that produces such a lower level of quality when I can do so much better with the real thing? (Note the snobbery.)
But then...
... I got a mobile. Not for the camera. It was for the phone and texting services. I wanted to use my phone to actually stay in touch with people by talking and messaging. Simple, right?
It wasn't my intention to start using the camera, even though it has 8 mp. I was prepared to fully ignore that detail. Or that my mobile has one of the biggest screens I've seen, dwarfing my husband's iphone screen. Or that I can edit images on the phone, and upload them to about a dozen platforms with a click. Including flickr.
I'm not saying that I've gone over to the dark side, entirely. Although I might have had to when I couldn't turn on my camera this morning and I had a mini-panic. (Turns out I didn't have my SD card in it. Hmmm....)
Still, it's nice to vacation on the dark side.
It's convenient when it's cold and I'm walking around and just wanting to take quick images for fun.
When I don't want to carry a heavier camera and expose it unnecessarily to sub-zero temperatures.
The dark side is a nice place to visit.

You've certainly made that dark side look beautiful and bright! What a stunning landscape!
ReplyDeleteThose are some nice shots with a phone. The scenery is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteStunning shots...even if they are on a phone!
ReplyDeleteWhat a view! And I LOVE your boy in that hat. He has such a great smile.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the darkside... we have cookies. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the pics. It's amazing what those phones can do. Sometimes I forget that mine IS a phone since I use it for pretty much everything else.
Banff!!! You got to go visit BANFF!!!! Right? Am I right???
ReplyDelete-AverageMom, who misses Alberta with her whole heart.