The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Who Do I Blame?

I blinked and three months passed.

It was either a long blink or a nap.  And seeing as how I really don't feel rested, I'm going with the blink.

Seriously, I have no excuse.

I can't blame working.  Because it's only three days a week.  Full time mother and homemaker (housewife? gag!) don't count because lawdy knows that's no excuse.

I can't blame extra-curricular activities.  Because it's only hockey every weekend.  And swimming twice a week.  And thanks to my 6 year old's social prowess, it's birthdays every month... sometimes more than one in a weekend.  Don't forget playdates.  Good gracious.  Playdates!  At 6 years old, aren't they too old for playdates?

I can't blame hobbies.  Those are simply in place to give my hands (and brain) something to do so they don't attack me while I'm waiting for those loud little playdate gremlins to GO AWAY and also so I don't try to exterminate said gremlins.

I can't blame animal adventures.  That's just the fodder of writing.  Like the adorable little spaniel who wandered into our yard that cold cold night and who ended up sleeping on my son's bed.  Or the $1000 surgery to remove most of my cat's teeth.  (I know people who can do that.)

I can't blame my daily routine.  Which I've managed to include all the essentials to keep the house (and myself) running and with all those things that keep ME running until I drop into bed exhausted at midnight and waking up before the crack of holy-smokes every day.

I just simply blame me.  I have nothing on my mind lately.

Oh, and I also blame my alter-ego: Fun Bobby.


As I am known in the neighbourhood.



3 comments:

  1. I can imagine your son's popularity! And I totally know how busy life gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preaching to the choir sister :) As long as you are happy! My issue is that even when I'm not blogging, there's still not enough time in the day. Do you have an answer for that one? I'd really like to know!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh