The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last Day of 2015

Yikes! After tonight the year is over.

People tend at this time of year to look back over the past 365 days and evaluate it... attempt to summarize it... even make promises or goals for the coming year.  I respect that.  I'm just not one to do that.

I don't mean to be flippant here, really.  I don't.  It's just not me.  I get bogged down in morose aspects of it, relive embarrassing moments wherein I want to hide away from society altogether, or cringe with regret about my thoughtless antics.

You see, I'm flawed.  I have regrets.  I make mistakes.  But those don't discount all the good that exists either.  So instead of getting caught up in the past year, I'm focusing on the present... what's good in it that grounds me, anchors me, keeps me here.



Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh