The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Scenes From My House


Moving into a new place often means starting over. Especially with home decor. Now, I'm not usually one to boast about my furnishings, but then, I've never had much to boast about before. So I get to go all out here.

Sure we moved into a house that was, for the most part, already furnished. One of the perks of buying a show home. What can I say... I just got lucky. The furniture was much better than any I could have picked out. Not kidding. It's so not my usual style. But a real live home designer picked it all out (along with the decorations which didn't come with the house), so all in all it's a pretty good job.

Now, I'm not complaining that the "decorations" didn't come with it. Things like pictures, vases, etc, this-'n-that... that's all personal style, and I would never have felt entirely comfortable with someone else's stamp on my home. So it's okay.

But now I have to start over. However, this is stuff that for the most part I did not bring with me. So I'm really starting over. On a budget. Which means looking for the unusual... the creative... something local.

And here it is: I found just such a local artist. Someone who actually was willing to do a painting for me for free. So now I've got something for over my fireplace. Yay! I've got pictures below. Now, the artist is a little abstract, so I'm not quite sure what the picture is exactly, although I do see that it is a pastoral scene. What I do see is the quality and high level of artistry, so I'm sure that it will be worth a fortune someday and it really enhances the look of the room.

Also, be sure to look for, and admire, the statues and figurines that I've acquired for my coffee table-slash-ottoman. And finally, notice in the last picture how it all works together.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Feel free to be as jealous as you like about my art, but hey, I deserve it.

10 comments:

  1. Cute! That's the best kind of art around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love what you've done with the place; the artwork really does make the room. I would keep this young up-and-coming artist happy if I were you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little guy's definitely got a gift. Love the color palette and the dinosaur muses! =>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fan-bleedin'-tastic art! Love it! I have art from a similar artist all over this place; we're very lucky.

    :O)

    Hope you are well, I've been awol but am back now and it's great to catch up.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny. But seriously, stick a frame on it and you truly do have art! It's very spring like. Perhaps he can do a seasonal series for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That artist has extraordinary skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's working--especially the dinosaur fight!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh