(I have also posted an ad online, which is actually generating some business. Word of mouth helps, too, as does appealing to friends and relatives. Begging is not beneath me either.)
That also means I keep this blog. Which may be a good thing, too. I'm not going to focus on photography here, though. At least, that's my intention. I plan to return to my original idea for this blog and keep it for complaining about stuff. So I might not be on here much, because for some reason I'm having trouble finding things to bitch about. I mean, I lay awake at night trying to come up with things, but.... nothing. It's starting to become a problem. I might actually end up becoming... a positive person. Ugh!
But anyways...
My new website will be for a photography business. Not that I'm business minded or what have you, but a flickr account just isn't enough for a photo portfolio.
So this is the kicker. I have to start out with a limited budget, like, free. Once I'm making money I can put into it and make it even better, but for now, I have to start small. I've checked into some of the free webpage hosting places (like webs and wix) and I can't seem to work them.
Does anyone have any ideas for free or really affordable host sites?

I know nothing about actual websites.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are keeping your blog. Whine or be happy, whatever works! :)
I can't wait to make enough money for a bludomain site...but for now, my actual website, is a blogger site. I know how to make a blog LOOK like a website....www.birdnestphotos.com
ReplyDeleteI did pay $10 to register the domain name for a year...
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited that you are going for this, I can tell from your writing that this is a positive step for you!
ReplyDeleteNot sure what you mean by "affordable" (other than "free') - but this is a site that I have heard really good things about, especially for photographers, and I'm thinking about using it myself later this year when I do some re-designing and upgrading to my own blog/website:
http://www.squarespace.com/pricing/
Good luck!
My advice would be to merely pay for a redirect...buy the domain name "WackyMummyPics.com" or whatever and set up your own blog.
ReplyDeleteAnother thought, any high school kids in computer classes who might take you on as a class project?
but how exciting all of this is for you!!!
Sounds great Koreen!! Happy for you! Glad you will keep your blog as well. :)
ReplyDeleteMy webhost is fantastic but probably too much (about $75-$200 per month, we need it because my brother and I make games for facebook) but I have had some good free/cheaper ones in the past.
ReplyDeletebluehost.com I think was $4 a month, webs.com is free, I'm not sure if you can have your own domain with it, but you get something like www._____-webs.com (whatever you want in the blank)
Maybe it is close to your hometown? (where I'm from) I live in Chilliwack
ReplyDelete