The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another Life


So here's my alternate reality, my ultimate fantasy that I used to imagine whenever I felt the constraints of "normal" life choking me: I want to live in a funky ol' style VW van, traveling around, working when and where I want and at what I can find, just enough for food and gas (and let's face it, the occasional shower). I usually thought about this scenario being in a warm, sultry, exotic place, somewhere in the southern states... I'm thinking Florida, the Carolinas, maybe Georgia... I could live life as I please, no one bothering me, making friends as I go along, having adventures, or just enjoying the sedate life. I also saw a few fiestas in there, with some beach parties. Mmmmmmm. I think I'm seeing the appeal of this fantasy again, with nothing but the road and the future ahead.... Do I hear an "amen"?

2 comments:

  1. The fantasy is great and all, but do you HAVE to drive such a god ugly van? If I bring a pretty car, can I come with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AverageMom, still can't get into your blog. Anything you can do about it?

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh