The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I Need Another Job
Or maybe the Boy needs me to have another job. At any rate, it's official: I'm a failure. But I don't see it entirely as my fault; it's the fault of the system. They should train people to do this job. There should be qualifying exams, and licenses, and industry standards. Why is it harder to own a pet than it is to breed? It should be changed! Why? Because of people like me. I have neither the talent, ability, skill or personality type to be a mother. Nor do I have the intelligence to figure this out ahead of time. A person like me should never be allowed to raise a child. Here's why: daily tantrums (some of them Evan's) that have resulted in me putting Evan back in diapers. How silly of me to assume or even hope that as he was between the age of 2 and 3 that he might remotely be ready to potty-train! And how utterly brainless of me to even think that I would know how. I've never done this before. I've never thought about doing this before. They have books. Yes, there are many books, and websites, and advice columns, and parenting helps, but none of it touches on why Evan, upon fulfilling a BM, needs to run and hide so that I can't clean him up. Yes, he's consistently refusing the potty, and I'm getting tired of single-handedly financially backing the Pampers Easy Up division. So, it's back to diapers. If Evan is now unable to allow me to go through the elaborate "big boy" routine of dumping the poopies in the toilet and flushing, then it's back to diaper changes. It's the easy way. And I guess I'm just lazy after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Hang in there. This, too, shall pass. And all the other similar platitudes. My son was fully 3 years old before he was completely potty trained. It drove me UP A WALL. There was much wailing and gnashing (from both of us) before it was a done deal. I found bribery to work the best. He accumulated many, many Hot Wheels cars (for a successful use of the toilet - one that did NOT require a change of undies). Good luck.
ReplyDelete