We had a really rough year, financially and otherwise. I'm sure I ended up complaining to more than too many friends, but I appreciated those warm, cozy shoulders I cried on. Christmas was not looking good for us. Then, out of the blue, we received surprise after surprise after surprise. After so many months of things going downhill into the s**thole, very thoughtful friends went to great lengths to bring us a bit of cheer. So much so that now I feel guilty! From a fully-costumed Santa Claus visit on Christmas Eve to surprise packages in the mail and bank account, the thoughtfulness did not stop. We ended up having quite a nice little Christmas (and were able to pay a few bills to keep the power and heat going), and I am indebted to so many who went out of their way for us.... family AND friends. I'm working on a way to show my thanks, but in the meantime, here's what it meant to my little boy:


No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!