The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Random

Is it just me, or a sign of being a single parent that no matter how much I love my little boy, what I most look forward to at the end of the day is a drink? Hmmmm..... Did I say end of the day? I meant lunchtime....

* * * * *

I feel the need to go shopping for sweatpants for Evan again. Second-hand stores: here I come! Fellow shoppers: watch out... Grouch on the loose!

* * * * *

Here I am, back from another visit from The Boy's father. Don't know much what's going on in my life other than "things change." My favorite quote, that I can actually remember that is, is from the Bible. It's not a quote in and of itself, but usually a prelude to the description of an event or situation in the gospels. It goes like this: "And it came to pass...." That's all. And it's the most true thing I know. No matter what happens, it also moves on. Things don't just come along, plop down in your lap, look you in the eyes and say "I'm here to make your life a living hell." No...it just seems like it sometimes. Things actually have a way of moving on. And so do we.

1 comment:

  1. I have totally neglected my commenting. Shopping? Fun times! We don't have a second hand store here with kid's stuff, so WalMart it is. I refuse to pay a fortune for clothes that only fit for a week.
    I saw your haircut, and The Boy's. Very nice! Isn't it amazing how one haircut can turn them from babies into little boys?!
    Things go on. Good way to describe a lot. I'll go write on facebook...

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh