The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, August 12, 2011

It's My Birthday And I'll Cry If I Want To

... but I don't want so, so no worries. Instead, my gift to you on my birthday is the gift of words. (Don't fret; I'll put up pictures later when I've caught up on my crazy life and maybe even get some sleep.)

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to meet a fellow photographer blogger in real life. Charmaine, of just bits and pieces, lives not-too-far away and as I was in her neck of the Canadian woods for my brother's wedding rehearsal, we met up for a mom-date / play-date for the kids at a park.

As neither of us were cyber-stalkers or real-life-psychos, we survived.

Not only did we have an awesome time chatting about life and photography, but the kids had fun together too.

And today is my birthday... wherein I end a specific decade and start another. But it feels good, because each new day brings something new and exciting, and more wonderful people to meet. A real birthday gift to myself.

And pictures for YOU next time.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!

    Ps. I sent you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for e-friends becoming real life friends! YAY for e-friends not being (too) psycho!
    Watch out. Colleen is headed your way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Happy Birthday - that is sooo cool!Hope you have a wonderful day and the sun shines on your!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - how cool that you met up with Charmaine...I love that girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh