The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

... And Then I Shot A Baby


This is from a photoshoot of a cute 1 month old baby. It wasn't a newborn shoot because little G was jaundiced. Nothing to worry about... much. Except that everyone worries anyway, you know? And then my household got sick. For 3 weeks. So by the time I was well enough and got out to photograph this precious little one, baby G was already a month old instead of pliable brand-spanking new.

G_9530


That first month makes a difference.

G_9527


They're so much more aware of everything.

G_9600


They have so much more personality.

G_9585


And that can make a traditional "newborn" shoot so much more difficult. Especially when his eyes are saying the whole time "Hey! What the heck are you trying to do here, woman?! I didn't agree to this!" And then his lungs say the same.

G_9514


But in the end...

G_9499

... he's perfect just the way he is.

9 comments:

  1. I gasped. I actually gasped out loud at your first pic. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT! Wonderful! I LOVE the one with the deep blue blanket that matches his eyes.

    Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shivers. Fantastic pix, i mean it. How awesome to catch this brand-new human bean right at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally bagged the good baby shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. snap- you got it in the end! SO learning about newborn photography "clients"- Ace only likes to be charming for the camera on his terms, but a bribe of snuggles or milk usually gets him to loosen up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! The one on the blue blanket is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. What love captured through your lens. Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for not shooting and editing these sweet baby photos into one of those weird "baby with head rested in hands" photos. They creep me out. I love these because they are real and powerful. Well done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh