The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas, Baby!


Oh yeah, we have our tree up. We're not those people who put their tree up super early because they just can't help themselves and have to do it right away before it's decently the right time.

Except that this year we are those people.

And I'm okay with that. In fact, I've always wanted to be those people, but real trees don't last that long. Especially in a warm house by the fireplace. But last year we had to replace our real tree the day after we put it up because an un-named cat, new to our house (that's right, you, Ayanna), rapidly scaled the very real tree and proceeded to split the trunk right in two, stripping off branches and scattering ornaments through the entire downstairs.

You can't say that our whole household doesn't get into the spirit of the season.

A fake tree is much sturdier and, unlike it's real counterpart, doesn't dry out and become super-fragile. Hence, we got the tree up last week. (Insert crazy cackle.)

Enjoy.

IMG_0160

nutcracker_0199

xmas_0175

Creche_0164



holiday bokeh party 2011 my3boybarians.com


9 comments:

  1. That's my favorite thing about a fake tree... being able to put it up directly after Thanksgiving and leave it until New Years without worrying about watering the dang thing.
    I had to get a new fake tree this year and I love it. Guess I should break out the camera and take some tree pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I NEVER thought of that! My hubby's parents ALWAYS (insanity) put their tree up the day after Thanksgiving which I cannot condone. My family was always the one searching for a tree desperately the week before Christmas. My family used real ones. They had a fake tree. Aha. Now I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shot of the soldier ornament, Koreen...neat lighting...

    Our tree is not yet up, but we're planning to take the family Christmas picture tonight...ten people and the dog...wish us luck!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top photo, let's the imagination do the rest

    ReplyDelete
  5. your nativity set is so sweet, lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely! I LOVE your manger scene photo! Beautiful. Thanks for linking up with us at 62!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh