The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Road Test

I took Evan on the road today to test out his potty-trainin' skills. Of course, I took the potty in the car. As backup. What mother doesn't need backup???

We drove to the city, an hour and a half away, which is something with an almost-3 yr old in the car. He did well. No accidents; no messes. He announced in Bulk Barn that he needed to pee, so instead of looking for or inquiring about (dubious at best) restroom services, I hustled him out to the car and had him pee on the potty set up in the backseat. As much an adventure for me as for him, I assure you. He was very pleased, but at the same time nonchalant, about his ability to hold it and then release it at the right time. His attitude said: cool... whatever. Could he possibly be channelling his future teen self? Good lord, I hope not!

So then the challenge continued for me... what do I do with a potty full of pee in the middle of the city? Like any good citizen, I drove around the back of the store and looked for a convenient deserted snowbank. Problem solved.

2 comments:

  1. That is great for you... he's really catching on fast. Hope it is still going well this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! while pouring the pee onto the snow, where you sure to remind him that this is why you do not eat yellow snow?

    I am just picturing you as you park the vehicle, looking all around to ensure your all alone, getting out of the vehicle, taking the little cup out of the potty and very inconspicuously pouring it out then ever so quickly jumping back in and squealing out of the parking lot.

    Good luck on the potty training!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh