The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm Not Going Outside Right Now, ThankYouVeryMuch!


So, winter's on. It's cold. But it's been colder.

You know you're old when...
I caught myself remarking on what a mild winter we've been having. I was met with a look of incredulity and disbelief. I insisted it's true because there have been Decembers when it's been minus 50 (celsius) here in our frigid province. And hey, it was only minus eight when I had this conversation, so technically it was true. That didn't convince my conversation companion however, and the look he gave me was a look I'd give a dangerous lunatic.

Now it's a mere minus 14 celsius. So, yeah, still mild.

But I don't wanna go outside. It's grey and dismal and the white of the landscape blends seamlessly into the sky. I think. I can't quite tell... it's all a mishmash of snow and cloud colored nothingness.

I prefer summer, can't you tell?

And the winds a couple of days ago were so strong they knocked over the extra Christmas tree I had out on the porch. Yes, I just left it there. I'm lazy. It's a fundamental flaw of my personality and I'm really okay with it.

Outside


And that's also why we prefer to look at the outside from in here.

Outside from inside... just the way we like it


And here.


We're all about being comfy.

Good luck going outside.


**************************


Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with iPhoto.



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I don't blame you for not going outside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kitty shots! I adore the light in the pic with the red chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful gingerbread house... and what you did to edit that shot was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate summer and love winter, but I've never even experienced anything as cold as -8 C! Not even as a minimum over night, so that might have something to do with my loving wintery feelings! Your kitty definitely has the right idea, what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today, I prefer the view from inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all about springtime. I hate fall because I know winter is coming...
    All I can do is hunker down, bundle up and make the best of it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree. When it gets cold like this, I prefer to stay indoors. Love that second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, I love your photog skills! These are Christmas card worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite one is the one of the tree...very crisp!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh