Every morning begins with this...
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to tea:
Orange Pekoe, with milk and sugar... just like the queen.
Don't read too much into that statement. I don't really think I'm the queen of everything.
Just... PIE!
I got myself a new rolling pin for my birthday, a really nice marble version. Surprisingly, it actually does what it's reputed to do: keep the pastry nice and cool and less sticky. Rolling out pastry for pies will be that much easier, so therefore there will be that much more... pie!
I made a super nummy Dahl last week, and I think I'm going to make another one today.
It's that good. And these beauties will feature prominently in it.

I loved my marble rolling pin. Until I dropped it. Luckily not on my foot, but it left a major dent in my tile.
ReplyDeleteNow I have a silicon rolling pin that I love even more. Hubby got it for me for mother's day one year, so I could make HIM pies.
Gotta love that guy.
Ooh, I love your marble rolling pin! I didn't know there were such thinngs.
ReplyDeleteMmmm pie. That rolling pin is genius.
ReplyDeleteThat rolling pin is beautiful, but even better that it makes the job easier. The lighting is pretty in your garlic shot. And I think, personally, it's okay to consider yourself queen. I do it all the time!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots!! :D
ReplyDeleteHi! I love your new site (and insight) and am so happy to see you doing well! I love you even though we only knew each other a short time, it was somehow destined (cheezey enough for ya?). Sacha still talks about Even, I really don't think he will ever forget him. Someday, maybe, we can come visit you. Take care my friend and keep writing AND taking pictures, you are so good at them both!!! Big Hug. Valerie.
ReplyDeleteI spelled Evan's name wrong ... please forgive me?!!!
ReplyDeleteCool rolling pin!
ReplyDeleteI love pie, the kind that other people make : ) And, I love, love your garlic shot. Stunning.
ReplyDelete