The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Finding My Happy... Again


Happiness is hard for me. Joy is even more so.

I'm too worried that what I enjoy or the happiness I find will be stolen away.
Too many disappointments in the past... feeling unworthy of happiness.... silly stuff really.

But I am superstitious. I knock on wood.
(And when there's no wood handy, I knock on my head because, well, at times it acts wooden.)

I try to balance my karma -- just in case: it can't hurt to be too careful.


So, while I might pay for this tomorrow, here's some joy for today:


Pie!

Pie!



Celebrating with my boy

Celebrating

(Cake is not my favorite, but it's so much fun to make and
looks good in the pictures, but I really prefer PIE!)



My wild boy and his wild hair

My wild boy



Catching the sun

Flare



Funky nature makes me happy

Lets get it on





“This post is part of SOYJOY‘s What brings you joy contest. Learn more here.

4 comments:

  1. Carrying all my own groceries because my two grown teenage boys are too busy sitting on their butts?

    Oh, wait--this was supposed to be things that make me happy. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the pie!!!!
    Great pics and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carry wood with me to knock on - a golf tee in my purse... and in a lot of my jacket pockets too... oh and in my car. And at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. That pie looks so good. And so does that cake : ) and so does your baby with his fabulous hair! Most of all I love the sun you captured. So pretty. Magic!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh