The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bloody Brilliant and Apparently Pretty Versatile

I received a Bloody Brilliant Blogger / Versatile Blogger Award... almost 2 weeks ago. It's about time to pass it on. (I'm a little busy with the photo editing and tired to boot (see #7) so that's all there is today, friends.)




Part of accepting these awards is coming up with seven fun facts about yourself, and then passing the awards on to bloggers you enjoy. So, without further ado, I present the "7 things about me I bet you didn't know" part of the post. Because only the really interesting posts have them.

Honestly, this is the part I hate because I have trouble thinking of things. It's either I don't know what people know, or I'm all "you didn't know that?! that's crazy!!! EVERYBODY knows THAT!!!" And then I feel all lame. Actually this is a good one. Let's count this as number 1.

2. As a young girl, I was always trying to do the things my older sister did... just because she did them and I wanted to be (a bit) like her. Also, to get the attention she was getting. And also, because deep down inside where no one can see it I'm really a big ol' brat. No, it's really true. And, to save time and energy (think: conservation), I think that the last item should also be number 3. Because of number 3. (I'm cheeky, too. But you already knew that so I can't count it as number 4. Because that would be lame and I'm not... okay, I'm lame. But not THAT lame. Let's move on....)

4. I want to drive around in a big old Volkswagon van with SUNSHINE and DAISIES painted all over it and explore the warm part of the states.... just living out of the van. I've had this daydream since before I graduated college, so you know it's deep. There are a lot of beaches and patio parties in this daydream. But nothing TOO extreme. Except for photography.

5. Even though I'm fundamentally lazy (again, think: conservation), I hate not working. I got such satisfaction from bringing home a paycheck and paying my own way, taking care of money business, being independent.... Even though now I'm (basically) a kept woman*, I don't enjoy it. I don't yearn for the life of ease and eating bonbons on the sofa or being fanned in the shade while the pool boy feeds me peeled grapes. I like my own money, dammit. Then I'll pay for the pool boy to feed me grapes all on my own.

* I'm a stay at home mom. Same thing.

6. Come to think about it, I prefer my grapes UNpeeled. Dark concord or coronation grapes with the peelings on, thankyouverymuch. So I'll take a pass on the peeled grapes. We'll talk later about the pool boy. (I didn't say I'd take a pass AT him, now did I? See item #5*. Unless he is Enrique Iglesias. Then it's on, baby!)

7. I have a sleeping disorder, so I take sleep aids at night--just to fall asleep. I'm not a morning person. I'm not a late-night person. I don't drink coffee... unless there's a trip to Starbucks involved. I don't drink sodas at all. Period. I don't much like tea anymore, but I still drink a cup in the morning. Basically this all adds up to I'm screwed. I'm sleepy a lot, my brain rarely works without extra kicks in its rear to get going, and I'm running unjuiced. Yeah, I'm a bit tired. I'm most alive in the middle of the day... and I can keep going once the momentum is up. Yay. I have my very own live-in energizer bunny named Evan to keep me running. Yay for me. Not.


The last FUN part of this award is to pass it on to other worthy kick-ass bloody brilliant and versatile bloggers. Pass it on if you want. Here are the ones I enjoy regularly that I want to give a shout out to:

Stacia at Fluffy Bunnies. She's busier than I am (3 kids) and is yet somehow saner than I am. She also has a very big heart and started Hats Off For Andrew to show support and encouragement to a little boy and his family who are enduring a very big cancer deal. (Go check it out and let's finish it off.)

Corinne at Trains, Tutus and Teatime. She's another one who's not afraid to take on the challenges of life and be bloody brilliant at it. She is a sweet soul who oozes grace out of her pores despite admitting to not having a good day.

Julie at Snips and Snails is one of the bravest women I know. She is hauntingly authentic in her experience at being a mother and the #1 support person for a very little boy with cancer. She expresses her grief and anger eloquently, and keeps her head on straight while she takes care of herself, her family, and life.

Jess at The Old Nichols Farm. A fellow photographer, she is unafraid of my nemesis: the self-portrait. I admire her alone for that. She started the Facing Myself Challenge... which I have yet to participate in because I'm a big ol' chicken (as well as being lame)... which is awesomely full of her creativity and courage to be real.

I have many others I enjoy, but I've sent out awards to them before and I just need to spread the love. Also, I'm dog-tired right now and putting off the bedtime routine for the boy. And it's not going to get any better by letting it go. Like potato soup nesting in the back of the fridge for weeks on end. You get the picture. Dang rotten.

Thanks for checking in. And for staying real.


6 comments:

  1. You are so kind with your words :)
    I have a sleeping thing too. Grrrr......

    ReplyDelete
  2. You called me a photographer and made my day!

    Ah, yes, that little energizer bunny. They can be so motivational, can't they!? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep disorders=no fun! Sorry :( I am FINALLY, after years, sleeping well...they even thought I was narcoleptic at one point...crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Koreen:

    A+ on this homework assignment! LOL.

    Totally in agreement with you on #5 (although I have too many control issues to have somebody peel grapes for me...I would need to do it myself!).

    Looking forward to checking out your blogging buddies!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dream sounds SO cool. Mine is the same, only it involves an Airstream Travel Trailer.
    Peels are what make grapes taste tart--I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you are bloody brilliant for sure! :)
    I'm a kept woman too, but not for much longer, I'm starting to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh