The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

In Celebration


It's time to celebrate! My camera is back! Yay for me!

It took a long time, but I finally have it. Since I was camera-deficient for so long (3 weeks -- felt longer), I spent that time getting caught up on some editing for that wedding. It's so long overdue, but I kept finding more and more photos that seemed half decent that I figured I should edit. I'm not finished yet, and the number of edits continues to grow. I feel like I'm doing it for me... remembering to my rather sparse wedding album, wishing I had more... I guess I just want her to have as many photos as possible to look back on. I'm a sentimental fool, I am.

So that ties in nicely to a before-and-after shot.

SOOC:


Edit:

They


The changes are subtle, but I didn't want to overwork it. However, as a bit of a perfectionist I wonder, does it look ready for a frame or a wedding album? Let me know what you think!

And because I wanted to do one for fun... yes, friends, I have two today!

SOOC:



Edit:

Fall colors


This is something a little different than I normally do -- a vintage postcard texture.



Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements 6.


**************************




Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. That is some clever staging!! And I love the artsy feel to your flower edit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job of editing the blue graffiti out of the wedding shot. I think I would edit out the shoes before framing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wedding shot. The POP of red is perfect! And her hair is stunning :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd use the shot in a wedding album. Did her dress get messy laying on the (bridge?) ground??? It is a unique picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures, you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. You are so talented. I'm glad you got your tools back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful edit, their faces are just perfect. Love the composition and all the repeating horizontal lines.

    If you don't mind, I'm curious what it cost to have your XSi serviced. The focus on my XTi is really wonky, like you had said, I used to love it but now I don't even want to pick it up anymore. But if it's going to cost a few hundred to have it fixed I might just jump off a cliff and upgrade instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice edits, I really like the texture in the second shot.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I envy your talent, your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both. The first one is gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job. Your edits are subtle, but really transform the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous & a very unique wedding shot. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love them both. But there is just something special about the wedding shot. Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Melissa's idea of editing out the shoes...

    The reds really pop in the flower shot!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love their pic so much -- the industrial feel, the touch of red, the looks on their faces.

    the flower shot is gorgeous, too, nice work :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh