The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Holding My Breath


I've all but given up on blogging. It's been about a month since I last wrote anything here. Days, even a week, since I last came by here and checked out what everyone on the reading list was up to. (I subscribe to blogs either by facebook or email, so I'm actually reading most anyway.)

I'm past the jitters and twitching part of the withdrawal. Now I'm into the depression and "what's the point of going on?" part of the addiction phase. No, not to blogging; to something real, something serious. Something that I haven't done since early January and it rips my heart out every day that I can't do it.

Photography. My camera has been in the shop getting love and attention since January 3. I don't know how much longer it will take. I don't know how much longer I can hold out. I've got a week or 3 left to go, and I still feel like I'm holding my breath.

It's taken the heart and life out of me. Blogging? Not really interested. Looking at photos? Kills me. Editing photos I've already taken? Uh uh; no way.

I've got a serious case of the no-photography sads. But I'm still here. Still hanging on. Still waiting....


6 comments:

  1. Oh..I can so relate to this. Taking my camera away would be like ripping my heart out. Last time mine went in for repair - they were kind enough to give me a 'loaner'. I wouldn't have survived without. Hang in there...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I'm sad for you... That's such an unacceptably long time to have your camera gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's gotta feel like an amputation of sorts. I'm sorry it's taking forever and a day to get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you an encouraging kick to jump start that camera back on it's way to you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh