The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Dark Side Of The Force


First of all, thank you Monica of Pixel Perfect for acknowledging my "mad skillz". It's an honor to be thought of. It really made my day!

So... more before/after stuff.

I had little this week... even this month... to work with. I haven't been taking many pictures due to busyness and my addiction to reading. My spare time is taken up with books books and more books. Also, I hate being cold, and apparently it's cold out. I say apparently because I'm not brave enough to check. And the light here in winter is not good everyday, so my inside photos are not turning out like I'd like. (And I abhor using the flash, so let's not even go there.)

Enough excuses.

Here's something I rescued from the X-mas files.

Evan and his new light saber. Jedi knight in training. And of course I'm too lazy to have him put on his karate gi, so I don't have any real authentic Jedi photos. Also, he's got a dark side, so I don't see him so much a Jedi knight as a Darth Evan. It suits him, no?

SOOC:


And here's the edit:
Darth Evan


It's the smirk that says he's up to no good.

I adjusted levels and added some filters and a couple gradient adjustments to give him that darth edge. Also, he's trying to look fierce. Let's just go with that, shall we?

Until next time, may the force be with you.


**************************

Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements.



13 comments:

  1. Wow...that is seriously awesome and the smirk is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That edit is awesome!!!!! Holy Moly!!! I am filling up my Nook with books!!! I love your banner shot!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh awesome edit! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a photographer but I love the way you guys do it! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooooooooooooooh! I love love love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fierce for sure! Love the photo and the edit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A kid with a light saber is always up to no good--the dark side runs rampant in kids. Adults, too, but we have better excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the edit really takes it from ordinary to extraordinary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. That is very inspiring. I think I need to practice my editing after seeing what an awesome job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's not smirking...he's planning his next move!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh