Seeing as I'm tired of hearing the same three Rob Thomas songs over and over whenever I get in the car with The Boy, I've insisted on some other music and taken The Boy through the musical paces. Well, he found his new theme song. From Avril Lavigne. He asks for it as soon as I turn on the car: "Big button! Big button!" He's very practical and straightforward, and seeing as the music magically appears when I hit the big button, he just gets straight to the point and gives me a direct order. "Hey hey you you!" He insists. "No. Let's try something else." "HEY HEY YOU YOU!" And I give in. I'll get tired of it sooner or later, and I'll get him hooked on something else eventually.
Sooner is better than later. I didn't realize how quickly this music situation deteriorated until, to my utter mortification, he started singing his own version, loudly while grocery shopping in his clear little-boy voice: "HEY HEY YOU YOU, I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" Shushing him does nothing, covering his mouth with my hand only makes him giggle and encourages him in this "game".
Guess I'm throwing away THAT cd. Sorry, Avril. It's just not going to work out.
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!