The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Oops! My Bad....

I just want to apologize to the good workers from Risser's Beach, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia. Especially to those who found The Boy's dollar store sand bucket... left accidentally in the parking lot... with something special left inside. I emphasize accidentally. Let me explain: I forgot. Completely forgot about it... until I got home, pulling in the driveway actually.

You see, when we got to the parking lot and got out of the car, I changed The Boy's clothes to his swimming trunks, as per usual. What wasn't usual was the fact that he "soiled" his pullup pants. He's usually more punctual with his contributions to the local landfill. So, I had a dirty diaper to dispose of, and no garbage bag in the car. I didn't want it to sit in a hot car in the sun for a couple of hours, permeating the interior with it's special pungent essence, so happening upon the brightest of bright ideas, I dropped it into The Boy's bucket, as he rarely uses it anymore, and placed it by the front of the car, out of sight and of the way of other cars. I knew I'd see it and retrieve it as we'd be leaving. But of course, on our way out, being tired and sandy and sweaty and thinking of getting home, cleaned up and fed, I overlooked it and didn't take my(The Boy's) refuse home to dispose of properly.

I'm very sorry to those who happened to discover this. I'm hoping whoever found this bucket simply dumped it all in the garbage, and didn't dirty themselves with our offering. Especially since The Boy found an old rusting fishhook and started playing with it while I was getting organized at the car. I "disposed" of that treasure too. In the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh