Back from the trip. Okay, actually we were back on Wednesday, and I've spent a couple of days trying to get rid of my headache. Is it a coincidence that I'm feeling like crap here, mainly headaches that nothing gets rid of... even been to the doctor and short of vicodin there's nothing that helps. The moment the plane lands in Alberta, land of the west and the mountains and the fields, my headache goes. The moment we land back here in Nova Scotia, land of the eternal boondocks and hurricanes, my headache returns. Yesterday felt like I had a baby elephant squeezed in between my brain and my skull. (A full-grown elephant wouldn't have fit.) Finally today (the storm is supposed to hit tonight) my headache goes. My osteotherapist said that geography is in fact often related to health, that there's a geographical tie to the place you're born/raised. As I was raised in the mountains, I guess I'm finding it difficult here on the east coast. Is that a good excuse? In the meantime, I'm trying to suck it up.
I think I have Evan enrolled in daycare. We're checking it out on Tuesday, and see if he'll go. They apparently understand my situation, and are being very humane to me (and Evan). I hope he'll be so excited to socialize with other children he won't even notice that his wacked mummy is gone.
Yes, Evan had a nice visit with his daddy. As did I. I, however, did not get any "time alone" with him because of a) a severe cold on daddy's part, b) an extra clingy boy who does NOT travel well, c) same said boy went on a growth-rampage and stretched a whole inch in 2 weeks!, and d) my old Aunt Flo came a-visiting. If this keeps up, I can become a nun after all! We're hoping to see daddy around Christmas time... another 3 months... good luck! And just for kicks, let's see how Evan did at his auntie's wedding....

Yeah, I've felt like that too. Happy weekend all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!