The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our Trip, Part One

So here we are, almost a week into our trip. My husband got sick the day after we met up with him...with a cold. Evan got a form of the dreaded traveller's curse, and now I think I have it. I won't tell you where I'm typing this on the laptop. Needless to say, I have no need to rush anywhere right now. Other than our health and gastrointestinal conditions, we are having fun. Evan is experiencing what it is like to have other kids around, and even what having a puppy might be like. Okay, so the dog is not a puppy, unless puppyhood remains well into middle age, but regardless, he and Evan really hit it off. Now I'm going to have to hear about how we "need" a puppy....

I had to initially psych him up about our "adventure" and so far it's worked. Yes, he's asking for home and only now is asking for Nannie and Apma, but he is managing just fine. He's spent two afternoons in a world class waterpark, played with lots of another boy's toys and a few new kids, and had some fun "camping" experiences sleeping in an RV. Just yesterday he rode for several hours in the car and sang the line "she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes" for at least an hour straight of that. The rest of the time he just argued with me and ate pretzels.

As for me, I've seen an old friend whom I haven't seen in over 16 years, and the last time I saw her was as a bridesmaid at her wedding. Strange how people drift apart... and now it's like no time has passed. And I got to meet her wonderful kids. (And 2 year old Evan terrorized her 7 year old son. I'm so proud of him!) I feel like I've finally had a real vacation, getting a chance to rest and relax and visit with people I like. I guess the gastrointestinal cleansing is just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh