The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Asking For Costume Suggestions!

Looks like we're getting a hurricane after all. Ok, so it might not be a hurricane by the time it reaches us, but it's sure windy out. Love this weather. It's fall, the leaves are starting to turn, the temperature is in that weird half-warm, half-cool phase... too cool to have the heat off, to warm to turn the heat on. Luckily, Evan doesn't like to be unclothed. Ever. He has to have shirt, pants and socks on at all times. Except in very warm weather when Mummy overrules him and he wear little or nothing at all. He would wear shoes in the house, too, but he's been trained...well-trained! He insists on having his shoes off in the house automatically. That's my boy!

Here he is hiding from me, while I'm trying to take a picture of him and the pumpkin he (we) grew:



So, now that it's fall, I need to start thinking about Hallowe'en costumes for Evan. This is very important to me... don't know why... but 3 years running in high school I tied for 1st place in the costume contest for the "Harvest Festival" (churchy-talk for Hallowe'en party)... costumes must be pretty serious where I'm from! But I don't know what to dress Evan up as! Every suggestion I give him, he says "Yes" to. Except for monsters. He doesn't want to be a monster. Any ideas? What's not too cute or too scary for a 2 and a half year old "little dude" who's all boy and as rough and tough as they come? Please let me know... while I still have time.... Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Dress him all in grey, cover his hair with cotton balls, and tell him he's a rain cloud. Give a spray bottle, and when people ask "What are you?" he should say "Cloudy, with (squirt squirt from the bottle) a chance of showers."

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh