Okay, so here are MY top 5 reasons why I think it's good to be home from vacationing:
1. My coffee. I had to drink commercial coffee, which has nothing on my brew. No, I don't grow or roast or even grind my beans. It's just in the way I make it; it's pretty strong. You have to trust me on this. I'm perky again. And that's not just from catching up on my sleep... 'cause how much sleep can you get with a lonely cat walking around my head all night nuzzling me with either her tickly tail or cold wet nose, just to make sure I'm still here and not leaving anytime soon. Keep that up, cat, and I'll be gone again! So, back to the perkiness... it's good coffee. I also find it useful in removing road tar from my vehicle.
2. It's a nice feeling know that my little boy is relaxing in his own comfy bed... that he is going to have a good night's sleep and that just makes every day better.
3. Back to my routine! Yes, I'm a slave to routine. I mean, come on; I don't have to think about what to do next, I just have to do it. I know what's expected, and Evan knows what's expected. (I'm not saying NO to spontaneity, just that sometimes spontaneity should be carefully, thoughtfully planned.) There are fewer tears, and he even puts himself to bed. Man, I must be boring if my toddler is happy to go to bed! (Notice a Sleep theme here?)
4. I get my alone time again. Not that I wasn't happy to visit with my friends, I really was; it was wonderful and I'm SO glad I got to see people and catch up and have (gasp!) real adult conversations IN PERSON! Yay! I don't get that social outlet here. But I like a balance of socializing and regenerating alone (without The Boy or whining or crying or demanding or...) So, what do I do on my alone time? Mostly Facebook my friends....
5. I can walk around nude if I want... when The Boy isn't here of course. Yes, this means Friday nights and Saturday mornings. By the way, that's a warning to all solicitors, especially evangelical salespersons: I'm not getting dressed for nothin', not even the Good News. Hope this doesn't entirely put off visitors.... ;D
I could probably think of more things, but I had late night catching up on my tv watching, internet browsing, blah blah blah, and now I've only had my first cup of coffee, but there might be more reasons later. And I guarantee they'll ALL be about sleep. Yawn! Back to business....
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!