The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Trip, Part Two

It's later on into our trip.... here we are, sitting pretty in Calgary.... staying at a friend's home, which Evan observed is "so pretty, so towery", I'm sure referring to the vaulted ceilings. Yes, I would love to have vaulted ceilings, but it's not in my immediate future. In the meantime, Evan will have to soak up all the ambience he can here.

On the plus side, we seem to be past our traveller's curse(s). I think Evan might have also been going through a growth spurt, because he's sleeping better (after not sleeping well for 3 nights, which means I slept worse than poorly as I'm his transitional object on trips away from home) and he suddenly seems way taller, or his clothes are shrinking. Is it just me, or does it seem that I never seem to know when my toddler is having a growth spurt, and I realize it after the agony? Seriously, I can't see the forest for the trees sometimes! Now we're enjoying the beautiful weather, spending some time with family and friends, taking it easy.... Life is pretty good.

On the minus side, I broke a toe. Again. Second one this year.



Yes, I believe I mentioned my clumsiness before. I was helping my sister tidy up her house as she's getting ready for her wedding, which is why we're here several thousand kms from home, and I smashed my foot into something or with something, I don't remember because my I'm always doing something stupid like that. Anyways, the toe swelled and turned various shades of blue, purple, black and green, and despite Evan's many kisses to "cure" my toe, it still is damaged. A nurse friend says it looks more broken than sprained, but it hurts surprisingly little. Go figure. I can walk and everything. So I can't run and chase Evan, or play rough, but I don't feel like it anyway right now... I got me some sleep to catch up on tonight! Sleep tight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh