I'm a little tired. I had a busy day with my little one, working in the yard, feeling motivated to Get Stuff Done. But mostly, I listened to whining. Okay, so I tried to tune it out after a while, but I heard almost every irritating fussy syllable. And I just don't care to hear it. So, hear I am whining about it. ;)
I'm a little overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to do sometimes, the daily stuff to keep the house going, my studies, taking care of my precious little one, maintain the few relationships I have, and take down-time for myself to recharge and recoup. I just can't do it all. I let my studies slide this week. The weather was too nice, and so I indulged in a zoo outing, trying to get the wood in before it rains, cutting the grass, raking leaves, preparing (ha!) for a holiday event, etc. And I still want my down-time to be with just me. Is it too much to ask? Now, I know I'm putting the question out there in cyber-space, but I'm hoping that the one person who reads this blog will reach out and say something to the effect of: "No, it's not too much! In this crazy world and this hectic day-and-age, there's always too much to do. Don't feel guilty for wanting to do it all and not being able to (all the time)." But, it's okay if no one responds. Because I guess I can't have it all. :)
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Everyone needs time to unwind and recharge, there are so many different ways and it sounds like yours is to just have quiet in your home and curl up on the couch with a good book and forget about the ratrace.
ReplyDeleteThere will always be something that you want to get done that you never seem to get to...you know how to take time off to decompress, just stop feeling guilty about it;) At the end of my day I certainly feel better if the dishes are done and school lunches made...but in the whole scheme of things, it'll keep until I get to it. I figure as long as the kiddies have clean clothes and clean spoons to eat their cereal with...s'all good! Take care, I've been doing this mom thing for over ten years now and I still learn something new and funny EVERY day. Just stumbled across your blog through "Average Mom" and thought I'd give you some bloggy love! Love and kindness are never wasted.
ReplyDelete