The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh So Tired

I think that's actually the title of my life. I started losing sleep before Evan was born... he would keep me up all night sometimes kicking. And then after the birth, forget it. Deep in sleep debt. So, now that Evan's sleeping through the night regularly, and I even get some nights off when Evan stays at his nannie's (bless her!), you'd think I'd just sleep and sleep, right? Ha! My body is used to not sleeping, so I end up falling asleep at my normal time and waking up when my body is used to Evan waking up: the butt-crack of dawn. That's including using sleeping pills! I give up. Give me coffee or give me death: the only way to cope.

And of course, typing around the cat right now doesn't help me focus.

It's been a week since my last post, and I've been busy, but the strange thing is, there's not much to tell. I've been keeping up on the laundry, dishes, even (strangely enough) cleaning the floors occasionally. Then there's always the studying I'm trying to get done. We got the wood in, thanks to Evan and Nannie, and Evan even made a half-step towards potty-training. He pulled off his training pants and dumped his poop in the toilet before I even knew he was in the bathroom. Was he ever excited! We danced around and around together. That was several days ago, and he's back to pooping in the corner. Oh well. And now, he needs to have some "car time" or "ball time" or some such thing. We'll keep you posted. Yawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh